Do you know who a meatatarian is? A meatatarian is someone who loves eating meat and the best gift you can give a meatatarian is a Nexgrill griddle to grill his meat. But it’s one thing to own a Nexgrill griddle and it’s another thing to keep it clean.
When your Nexgrill griddle is clean, it can perform better and grill your meat to perfection. So, if you have a Nexgrill griddle, and you want to learn ways to always keep it clean, then this article is for you.
But before we go into how to clean your Nexgrill griddle, let’s talk about how to season your Nexgrill griddle.
Seasoning Your Nexgrill Griddle
Seasoning your griddle is the first step you’ll want to take so that you can be able to maintain and clean your griddle more easily. So, here’s a quick illustration of how to season your Nexgrill griddle to facilitate the cleaning process.
- You’ll want to get hold of a wet towel to clean the dirt and debris from the surface of the grill.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll want to ignite the burner and allow the grill to heat up for some time (approximately 15 minutes).
- After that, you’ll add some cooking oil and spread it evenly across the grill with a paper towel. Remember, you can’t use your bare hand on a hot grill, so you’ll need heat-resistant gloves.
- Then you wait till the oil appears like it’s getting burnt, and then you repeat the process about 3 times.
After this process, you can proceed to grill your meat on your Nexgrill griddle. This process doesn’t take up much of your time and you may only spend a total of one-hour max seasoning your grill. Once you’re able to master the art of seasoning your Nexgrill griddle, then cleaning becomes relatively easy for you.
However, you should note that there’s no such thing as one-time seasoning. Of course, you’ll need to season it before use. But the point remains that when you season your griddle before you use it, you will be able to clean it easily after use.
Let’s move on to how to clean the Nexgrill griddle.
How To Clean Nexgrill Griddle
As we mentioned earlier since you’ve seasoned the griddle before use, the cleaning process shouldn’t be difficult anymore. Without further ado, let’s get right to it.
Firstly, you don’t have to be a professional cleaner to get this right. Your household cleaning skills and some household cleaning items are all you need to get the cleaning of your Nexgrill griddle right.
- After cooking your meat, you should first wait for the griddle to cool down a bit before you begin cleaning.
- Then you proceed to add a little water to the grill. The water causes steam and at that moment, you use your scraper to scrape off remnants from the last cooking session. You scrape off the debris, dirt, and grease.
- Scrape the dirt off the surface and dispose of it in the grease trough.
- After the scraping session, you use a paper towel to clean off the water on the grill. Ensure that the paper towel soaks in all the water on the grill. When everything is dry, it reduces the chances of rust or corrosion on your Nexgrill griddle.
- The next step is to add some cooking oil to the surface again. Grab another paper towel and use it to spread the oil evenly across the surface of the griddle. Allow the oil to touch all the parts of the griddle including the sides and edges.
After you’ve done this, your griddle is clean and ready for use another time. At the end of every cleaning session, never forget to use cooking oil to rub the surface of the grill.
You may be wondering why this is very important, here’s why:
Firstly, when you add oil to the griddle after cleaning, you’re being proactive in making it ready to use for another time. Because, by the next time you need to use it, there’s already oil on the grill.
Secondly, adding oil to the griddle protects the griddle from the risk of rust and corrosion especially if you’re not going to use it in a while. At the same time, this means when you finally bring it out of the storage, it becomes easy to clean to prepare it for cooking again.
If you continue with this style of cleaning your Nexgrill griddle, you’re keeping your griddle in the best shape and condition for every cooking session.
Additionally, there’s something you should know; do not attempt to use soap on your Nexgrill griddle. Sometimes, it may look like the dirt can only be removed with soap, still do not use soap! Here’s why:
- In the first place, using water on the griddle isn’t the best choice, but because it can’t be helped that’s why you’re allowed to use it in small quantities.
- As you know, water mixed with soap is never compatible with iron because, over time, it leads to rust. But on a grill, using soap causes it to lose its non-stick coating. This means that when you cook on the grill, your food starts to stick and this makes it even more difficult for you to clean during cleaning time.
Listen, do not attempt to use even the smallest bit of soap, soap will disrupt the seasoning on the iron grill. So the best thing to do is to avoid using soap on the grill.
As you’ve learned from this article, cleaning the Nexgrill griddle is not an arduous task. And hopefully, with this article, you must have gotten the hang of how to go about it. Go through the well-detailed explanation on how to clean your Nexgrill griddle carefully, and go ahead to implement it on your griddle.
Once you’ve mastered this skill, you can pull out your griddle from the store any time of the day and go ahead to clean, season, and grill your meat.